Sunday 7 November 2010

I'm a blogger

As of now, I'm a blogger.
Or better: I'm trying it out.

I definetely like writing and I've got opinions. Lots. And I'm travelling all over the world, meeting people, experiencing good and bad situations. So some of the stuff might be interesting for other people as well.

The problems are:
1. I'm not a english native speaker, my mother language is german. So I may not be able to express myself well enough, to make the reading agreeable. But I'll try my best.
2. I'm kind of known in the Tango community, but don't want to stay anoymous. So I will try to write about my experiences without hurting or insulting the feelings and opinions of the people I work with: organizers, Tango clubs, collegues and students. But I want to be honest as well. I might therefore write things, that critique what I encounter. I will have to live with the results.
3. I don't want to limit myself to writing about Tango, as I'm interested in other things as well: literature, history, TV shows, people, everyday life... And I don't know, if this mix is interesting enough for the Tango community who knows me and who is mainly interested in Tango. But hey - you don't have to read it. ;-)

Why blog now?
I recently gave an interview with the german Tangoblogger Cassiel, that was also translated and posted by Tangocommuter. Up until then, I had very rarely read blogs and did not feel comfortable with the format. But I kinda got hooked up, when I noticed, how interested readers are and how they respond to blogs. You can really reach a lot of people....

So, here you go...

10 comments:

Andreas said...

You beat me to it! There I am planning on starting my own blog and making myself unpopular, and you just go and do it... ;-)
Well, at least this seems to be the first comment. So there.
Looking forward to hearing your opinions. Lots.

msHedgehog said...

OooOooOoo I'm looking forward to it.

It's not easy to be consistently nice without being dull and saying nothing, but being interested in different subjects definitely helps. (Anonymity is never a real possibility anyway, in my view; my avatar is just a literary form which would serve no purpose in your case). If the comment puppies get annoying, you can always switch topics and/or languages to break it up.

Yes, people are interested; talking about things is a real service to people.
xox have fun! ;0)

Anonymous said...

Hi Melina
Have fun and just stay honest. if it needs saying then say it....

cassiel said...

Wish you all the best für your blog. I will add a link in today's weekly tango-presentation...

c.

Lynn said...

Hurray - I'm gonna love it - enjoy!

NegatrpN said...

Good idea!
I already added your feed to my RSS reader.

Mikamou said...

Very good idea! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

Silke said...

Have fun! All the best!

Christine--RHP said...

I just added my first tango post in my own blog! and I'm starting to get hooked on other tango blogs too! Glad you're here.

Golondrina said...

Hi,
I've very much enjoyed your first post, looking forward to reading more. Best of luck!